Friday, January 22, 2010

Recipe #2--Allergy Aproved Scones

This week my new recipe was not on the menu.  Well, there was that Mac 'n Cheese thing I made with apples and bacon.  Would probably have been good if I'd used tart apples.  Instead it ended up being far too sweet.  Anyhoo...I made some scones (English type) for my daughter's tea party.  The catch is that we made them allergy friendly because one of Brooklyn's friends has a lot of food allergies.  So, here it is.

1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached flour

2 tablespoons granulated sugar
 3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons dairy-free margarine, cut into small pieces
¾-1 cup soy or rice milk
1/3 cup currants (I actually used raisins and blueberries)

I'm sure that you could use regular milk and butter in the recipe and it would turn out just fine! 
They were a huge hit! 


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails