Friday, September 17, 2010

Baking Day

With two bunches of overripe bananas and some ready-to-go pears, I designated today a baking day.  I tried one new recipe while sticking with two others. 

1.  Banana Bread


It's my staple recipe from the red-and-white checked Better Homes and Garden's cookbook.  It does a decent job, but if there are any super favorites out there I'm not too devoted to switch. 

2.  Banana Cake

This is one that I won't be disuaded from baking.  I love this coffee type cake from King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking Cookbook.  I'll post the recipe later.

3. Pear Muffins

These turned out pretty well.  At least my two girls gobbled them up.  The recipe calls for chunks of pear, but I think I'd prefer them mashed or pureed.  Also, I think the recipe was a little bit heavy on the ginger.  Here's the link to the original recipe.

Now I'm off to clean up.  Hopefully my kiddos will either help or play nicely so I can do it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails